10 best outdoor tanning lotion
How to use and apply Bronzing Lotions?
Is Outdoor tanning lotion on your mind right now? Unlike self-tanners, suntan lotions do not give sunscreen. For this, people who have sensitive skin and who quickly burn the skin should use them very carefully.
What you should know is that there is a difference between a self-tanning, a bronzing lotion and a tan.
How does a self-tanner work or outdoor tanning lotion to get dark fast?
- Dark circles under the eyes.
- Self-tanners work like a dye that gets darker and darker with each use.
- They give color and a bronzed complexion to the skin thanks to the presence of Dihydroxyacetone.
Self-tanners react with amino acids and proteins and gradually form a golden color. In other words, they help you to have a temporary tan without exposure to the sun.
There are self-tanning creams, self-tanning gels, self-tanning sprays, self-tanning foams, self-tanning lotions, etc.
Bronzers are make-up products that give the illusion of radiance and sunlight to the skin. They give an instant complexion producing a golden color on the skin.
What are the benefits of using suntan lotions?
- Help to achieve a deeper and longer lasting complexion.
- Allows you to control the tanning process.
- Prevents your skin from dehydration and solar burns.
- Moisturizes nourishes and conditions the skin.
- Maximizes the benefits of tanning indoors and outdoors.
- Accelerates the tanning process.
- Intensifies your complexion
Are bronzing lotions safe?
Many women ask me if tanning lotions are safe during pregnancy and the answer is Yes.
Tanning lotions are absolutely safe and rarely cause allergic reactions, but that does not mean you should not use a patch before use.
The ingredients used in tanning lotions
Most tanning products contain antioxidants, vitamins B, C, D, E, essential oils, hemp seed oil, Aloe Vera natural botanical extracts, minerals, natural oils, sunflower oil, carrot extracts and even copper.
Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is the most common ingredient in tanning lotions as it oxidizes the surface layer of the skin and creates a complexion that looks natural. DHA is completely safe for the skin and does not irritate it.
Some of the energetic ingredients found in most tanning lotions include melanin and L-Tyrosine (amine aid that occurs when activating melanin production).
Other ingredients generally found include tea oil, copper, olive oil, green tea extracts and several other natural oils.
How to properly apply suntan lotion
Step 1. Exfoliate your body
One of the most important things to do before applying suntan lotion is you have to prepare your skin. This includes moisturizing and exfoliating your skin also cleansing.
Always take a shower and exfoliate your entire body before applying the tanning lotion. By exfoliating, you can remove the dead skin cells, creating a firm and smooth surface that is essential to have a perfect application of self-tanning, bronzing or tanning lotion.
Choose a soft body exfoliator to chase the rigor and dryness of the skin. Apply exfoliator to your skin by rotating with a skin brush, exfoliating gloves or your hands.
Start by exfoliating your feet, going to your neck and back, do not forget your hands, elbows, and knees.
Always exfoliate before applying the self-tanner. If you have dead cells on the skin, the product will not apply equally, and the color will not last long. While exfoliating your body will ensure that the complexion will not look scratched or irregular.
Step 2. Start applying suntan lotion
A bronzing lotion should always be applied immediately before an indoor or outdoor tan.
As mentioned above, most tanning lotions contain several moisturizing ingredients that facilitate the application of the product.
Begin applying tanning lotion through your legs. Apply the lotion evenly and smoothly. Make sure there are no dots or untreated areas.
Apply the bronzing lotion very carefully around your knees and feet. What you should pay special attention is your elbows and torso. It can be very difficult for you to apply the bronzing lotion on your back. Ask a friend's help to do it for you or use a brush to apply the lotion.
Apply a little bit of the product on the back of your neck and behind your ears.
Apply the tanning product also on your hands but remember, your hands just need a little tan.
Step 3. Apply suntan lotion on your face
It is essential to properly distribute the bronzing lotion on your face and neck, around the ears and on the neckline.
You should not wear any makeup, mascara, foundation, face powder or lip gloss.
Buy a just natural indoor tanning oil lotion for the face and massage the top gently with a gentle circular motion.
Use cotton to remove any tanning lotion that may have accumulated in some areas. Make sure it is regularly based.
A good moisturizing tanning lotion will not only give you a regular application but will also nourish, condition and moisturize your skin.
What to remember about Bronzing Lotions
- Always work on small parts of your body to get a flawless complexion.
- Always exfoliate your skin before applying tanning lotion, self-tanning or tanning because the product will react more easily on smooth skin.
- Always apply tingle tanning lotion before sun exposure.
- When exfoliating your skin, pay special attention to the dry areas of your body: knees, elbows, ankles, hands, and feet.
- Always apply the tanning product with circular movements.
- Always start the application by your legs.
- As you will not be able to do it on your own, ask a friend to apply the tan on your back.
- When on the beach always cover exposed areas with tight clothing and put on a wide hat to protect your head and face.
- Keep your skin well moisturized before, during and after tanning for better results and a longer lasting complexion.
- Consult a specialist to see what would be best suited for you.
- Do not use foundation, face powder, eye shadow or lip gloss when applying suntan lotion.
- Always read the instructions on the box and follow them.
- Self-tanners can easily stain your clothes.
- Remember: suntan lotions do not offer sun protection.
- Use an outdoor tanning lotion for a tan on the outside, and a tanning lotion for indoor tanning.
- Since most tanning lotions do not offer sunscreen, it is essential to use and apply sunscreen to protect your skin from the dangerous rays of the sun that can seriously harm your skin.
- Never apply the tan on your lips, nipples, around the bikini line, on moles or spots of redness.
- Make sure that the tanning lotion is suitable for your skin type. There are tanning lotions specially made for each type of skin.
- If your skin is sensitive or dry, look for tanning lotions made especially for sensitive skin. These contain more moisturizing and nutritious ingredients.
- Do not clean your skin with too hard soaps or shower gels, they can fade your complexion faster.
- Let the lotion act for a while and so that it is perfectly absorbed. The result is not immediately visible.
- Remember: Repeated exposure of unprotected skin during tanning can increase the risk of aging skin and have other negative effects on the skin.
- Always apply the product to a clean, exfoliated skin.
10 best outdoor tanning lotion review
The Hawaiian formula of Maui Babe is very popular with tanning enthusiasts. You can use it in combination with a sunblock so you can sunbathe longer. There are two alternatives: one with mineral oil for the outdoor area and one with sunflower oil for indoor solariums.
In addition to the light oil base, the browning lotion contains Kukui nut oil and aloe to soften your skin as well as the antioxidants A, C and E. Although it has Kona Coffee Plant extract and it is brown, it is not a self-tanner.
Users have commented that it may be too greasy to use on your face if you have sensitive skin. The company Maui Babe says it is safe for all skin types.
Use the Browning Lotion with Maui Babe SPF 30 Sunscreen so you can enjoy the sun longer.
This awesome MAUI BABES SPF 30 SUNSCREEN LOTION is a water-repellent sun block that is used for sole application with Maui Babe Browning Lotion
-Protects your skin from strong UVA / UVB rays that cause sunglasses
-Use the Browning Lotion from Maui Babe to create a deep, rich and golden brown tan.
-Seals this dark tan and prevents the skin from burning
-Perfect for daily, all-year sun protection
-It contains vitamins A, C, and E, mineral oil, kukui nut oil.
The SPF 30 sun protection from Maui Babe is fantastic all year round to protect your skin in any weather. From Maui, Hawaii imported.
This Australian Gold Cheeky Brown Accelerator is a self-tanner and a tanning lotion. It will slightly darken your skin with caramel and henna when you apply it. You can be used it indoors or outdoors because it is based on sunflower and olive oil, aloe vera gel, panthenol, glycerin and the vitamins A and E. The tea tree leaf (Melaleuca) oil gives you a pleasantly cooling feeling when applying it.
Ed Hardy's Coconut Kisses Golden tanning lotion can save your skin from pale, sun-starved people get the basic bronze they crave before this beach holiday. It uses the power of coconut oil, milk and butter to hydrate your skin while you absorb the sunshine.
Although it has no bronzers, it has ingredients that accelerate tyrosine activity and melanin production, so you can tan as quickly as possible.
Like the other lotions above, you can use Coconut Kisses indoors or outside. It will not stain or streak, even though wiping the hands after application is a good idea.
Not everyone from Scandinavia is pale. The Shea You Love Me Lotion of Swedish Beauty is perfect for people with eczema and sensitive skin. It has no scent, and it is hypoallergenic. The aloe and vitamins E and A make you look young, while shea butter and oat flakes moisturize and soften the moistest skin.
Swedish beauty says her own BioBronze blend has natural melanin improvers to speed up the tanning process. Most users love this lotion because it helped them get a tan in brownish areas of their bodies.
The Apollo / Artemis 375x Bronzer by SunGodZ is for people who want the darkest tan as quickly as possible. It is based on silicone and glycerin and contains agave extract, argan, kukui, hemp seed, olive and coconut oil as well as caffeine. You can apply it both indoors and outdoors, and it is formulated to protect tattoos from fading.
The silicone base includes moisture and keeps the lotion (and your tan) before washing in the shower. SunGodZ does not use parabens and does not test on animals.
Banana Boat products are an attachment to beaches and pools. Your Deep Tanning Oil Spray is a cost-effective and easy method to get a deep bronze. It is recommended only for persons who already have a basic tan or a darker pigmentation.
The new color Es Black 50x Lotion by Millenium Tanning says it will give you the darkest tan possible. It is silicone-based as the solid black lotion from the same company, but there is no tingling additive.
This lotion does not feel greasy and goes smoothly. It does not touch and does not rub against the clothes. The silicone softens your skin maximally and keeps the self-tanning elements from washing. The fresh scent of the cotton is very pleasant.
The ingredient list contains parabens and DHA which are not very good for your skin. There are some discussions about the safety of DHA as it interacts with your amino acids to darken your skin. It works well, but will it be good for you in the long run?
Supre has been making a lot of tanning lotions, but her Smoke Black Bronzer is the ultimate for advanced Gerber. It has self-acting bronzers and dark tanning magnifiers along with vitamins and minerals. The idea is to darken the pigmentation of the skin to the maximum and at the same time protect it from sun damage. This is a lotion for people with a good tan, who want something deeper.
An outdoor tan is unpredictable because 30 minutes in one day can be too much, while two hours on another day do not do much. Therefore tanning with a sun block is not such a bad idea.
It protects UVA and UVB rays, even if you are in the water for up to 80 minutes. It is not comedogenic and free of PABA and Parabenen. In addition, Sun Bum says that it is gluten-free and vegan, and it has the approval of the Skin Cancer Foundation.
January 29, 2019
August 4, 2018
August 4, 2018
November 14, 2017
November 10, 2017